Securing a ‘verified account’ badge on TikTok can be a game-changer, especially if you’re a notable figure, brand, or organization looking to establish your authenticity on the platform. Being verified not only adds a layer of credibility to your TikTok presence but also helps your audience distinguish you from impersonators. However, the path to getting that coveted blue checkmark involves a specific process. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps and requirements for obtaining a ‘verified account’ on TikTok, shedding light on the verification process’s key aspects.
To get a verified account on TikTok, you can follow these general steps:
- Meet the Eligibility Criteria:
- TikTok typically reserves the verification badge for accounts that are notable, authentic, and belong to a real individual, brand, or organization.
- You should have a substantial following on TikTok and have a consistent presence on the platform.
- Go to Your Profile:
- Open the TikTok app and log in to your account.
- Tap on the “Profile” icon to access your profile.
- Access Settings:
- On your profile page, you’ll find a “Settings” or “…” option. Tap on it to access your account settings.
- Request Verification:
- Look for an option like “Request Verification” or “Request Verification Badge.” TikTok may require you to provide some information, including your account category (e.g., personal, brand, organization) and supporting documents.
- Submit Documentation:
- TikTok may ask for official documents to verify your identity, such as government-issued IDs or business documents. Provide the necessary documents as requested.
- Wait for a Response:
- TikTok will review your request and documentation. This process may take some time.
- Get Verified:
- If TikTok approves your request, you will receive a verification badge on your profile, indicating that your account is authentic and notable.